What do we offer?
The Bail Support Service is for young people aged 10-17 years of age that resides in Rockhampton or Gracemere and are at high risk of being remanded into custody because they are:
- are alleged to have committed an offence and could be eligible for bail, but are at high risk of remand without support
- have been granted bail but require support to meet the conditions of bail
Culturally safe supports include:
- Individual support and goal planning
- Court support and advocacy
- Liaise/advocate with Youth Justice and legal representatives
- Engagement with pro-social activities/mentors
- Support young people with Forensic Mental Health assessments as requested by the courts/legal representatives
For Further Information:
Please call 07 4922 6180 during business hours and ask to speak to any of our friendly staff.
Funding Agency: Queensland Government – Department of Child Safety, Youth and Women.
Funded Period: 1 January 2019 to 30 June 2021
Senior Bail Support Officer: Danielle Gillespie