What do we offer?
The Regional Youth Support Service (RYSS) supports young people aged 8 – 21 years who are at risk of disconnection.
This may include:
- Disconnection from family / community / support networks
- Disengaging from school, training and/or employment
- At risk of harm, including self-harm
- Homelessness or at risk of becoming homeless
RYSS offers a range of assistance designed to assist young people including:
- Connecting to positive family supports
- Help getting a job or engaging in training or education
- Help to lead healthy (physically and mentally) and living violence-free lifestyles
- Have a safe, stable place to live
Through a variety of ‘real life’ activities our support workers provide strength-based support through a positive role model approach to help young people reconnect.
We offer personal support, life skills development, cultural enhancement, education & training support, introduction & referral to other support services.
The Regional Youth Support Service aims to create strong relationships with a number of Community Service Providers and other community stakeholders to provide a holistic approach to delivering quality services to our young people and their families. We work collaboratively with other organisations to ensure that our clients get services that are relative to their needs.
For Further Information:
Please call 07 4922 6180 during business hours and ask to speak to any of our friendly staff.
Funding Agency: Queensland Government – Department of Child Safety, Youth and Women.
Funded Period: 1 October 2019 to 30 September 2020
Early Intervention Programs Coordinator: Stella Doyle